11 Vital Nutrients for Health Skin Naturally
In my last blog post we saw that while water is extremely important for hydrating your skin, it is not the cure all--as many would tell you. Healthy skin is having a sufficient supply of ceramides and NMF to enable water absorption and retention. Without a sufficient supply of ceramides and NMF, no matter how much water you drink or apply, it will not be retained in your skin.
Ceramide can be obtained from wheat, millet, soy, dairy, eggs, and spinach. NMF, a concoction of inorganic salts, (chlorides, phosphates, and citrates of sodium, potassium, calcium, and magnesium), irons, glycerol, urea, and amino acids, is derived from the filaggrin protein, which is produced in your body naturally. The best food for your skin is produced internally from the help of a very nutritious diet containing vitamins, protein, essential fatty acids, and minerals & trace minerals. You can also obtain many of these nutrients through your skin via topical application. That is why it's so important to be 100% sure of the quality and safety of the products you put on your skin. If you are going to coat your skin with something, make sure that it serves a real purpose with various necessary functions such as nourishing, protecting, attracting & sealing in moisture, and repairing.
Below is a list of nutrients you can easily benefit from through your skin.
You can easily compliment the work of the NMF--especially if your skin seems to be deficient in this compound--by using products that contain:
You can further nourish your skin with:
Humectants such as Hyaluronic Acid, to draw in moisture from the atmosphere.
Inorganic salts such as magnesium which is important for those suffering from acne, eczema, and psoriasis. This is also a good way to ensure that you are supplying your body with enough magnesium as it's critical for maintaining the proper function of nerves and muscles; it helps maintain a healthy immune system, and it keeps your heart beat steady! Potassium helps affect the pH and suppleness of our skin.
Amino acids vital for every function in our body.
Vitamin A - helps strengthen our immune system (when weak, we are prone to allergies that manifest in our skin). Vitamin A also helps delay age-related cellular breakdown. Vitamin B- helps metabolize protein and fats.
- Vitamin C- helps with growth and repair of body tissue. It also helps make collagen, a protein found throughout our body, though in our skin, it's what enables elasticity.
You can find all of these nutrients in our products. It's beauty inside and out!
- Vitamin E- a powerful antioxidant! (best source is seeds, veggies, and nuts)
- Zinc- helps promote cell growth and heals wounds.
- Protein- protein is the building block of bones, muscle, cartilage, and SKIN
- Essential Fatty Acids (linoleic acid & alpha linolenic acid AKA Omega 6 & Omega 3 respectively)- help carry sunlight throughout the body; brings oxygen to cells and extracts toxins and other unwanted elements to flush out of our system. EFA help prevents skin disease (and several other degenerative diseases); helps tissues remain fluid & flexible, and supports healthy cell function. Omega 3 helps cells detect and respond to signals in its environment.
Capric Triglyceride is a skin repairing agent
Fruit/ Herb Extracts are an excellent source of minerals and antioxidants and vitamins
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.